Friday, September 9, 2011

Fall.. my favorite season.

It's true. Well, as long as you consider from September to mid-December as Fall, then I'm all about me some Fall. Or Autumn. It matters not to me what you call it. In fact, I think I've blogged about my love affair with Fall before. Look through the archives if you want to see it; I'm not hip enough to know how to link it.




Well, it's finally below one hundred degrees so I've declared that it is time for Fall. No more snow cones. No more salads. You've been fun, but I'm through for about 7 months and then I'll be all about you again and texting Marla in the middle of the day in the hopes that I will trigger her snow cone impulse and she'll ask me to go with her. But for now, so long sweet goodness.





As for the "salad side of summer," I'll admit, I wasn't always the biggest fan. But then, I got a big girl job and needed a light lunch. So then came the salads. Like this one:




I ate that whole platter-full in one sitting. Wait, I'm lying. Just kidding. It actually took me about two weeks. After some friends came over to help me. True story.

Even though summer is gone, it was a pretty darn good summer for me. I graduated law school (Praise Jesus) and got married (finally)!


Know what being a old-married-woman has done to me? (Yep, it took me about ten minutes to think up that segue and I'm still not sure it works.) Made me have an uncontrollable urge to make things. Like real meals. And decorations. And quilts. The quilts thing is another story, though. A sad, sad story. You've seen the meals (go back to the first edition (and only, so far) of Medman and Le Gal) so now it's time for the decorations. Nope, you don't get to see the house before and after pictures. First, we'll start with the front door. As pictured below:





I made that. Yep, for reals. Well, me and Hobby Lobby. The wreath, not the door. I'm pretty excited about it. Hang on for more stuff later. But don't hold your breath, you now how I am about frequent posts. Or how I'm not. As in, I'm not a frequent poster. Perhaps, I should say that I'm not a frequent blogger. Who knows, I may surprise you.


Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment