Tuesday, February 21, 2012

As Seen in Shreveport: Mardi Gras Edition

As you know, this was the first Mardi Gras season that I've lived in North LA in three years. Baton Rouge isn't exactly New Orleans, but it seems like BR people get way more excited about MG than Shreveport people do. Though, Shrevers (that's what I just decided to call people who live in Shreveport) get more pumped about MG than those in Northeast Louisiana. Maybe that's just my opinion, but there definitely a difference. For example, Monroe has one MG parade. Shreveport has several. That's really the only difference I can think of right now.

Wait.

I thought of another difference.

This house.



Complete with inflatable jester.
Never before have I seen such a display in NELA. Heck, I don't think I've seen anything similar ever.
You can't see it, but a Lexus lives in this house's driveway. Proof positive that you can't buy class.
P.S. I'm giving up sweets for Lent. Prepare for crabbiness.
P.P.S. Sorry about the spacing. I don't know how to fix it.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't give anything up for Lent. I like all my bad habits.

    Nice house. I wonder if they'd come do the same for mine...and if I could give them someone else's address. ;)

    ReplyDelete