Monday, May 13, 2013

Fear

Want to hear (read) something ridiculous? I have a hearing tomorrow and I'm scared to death. I'm a civil litigator who is not great at public speaking. (I hope no future employers are reading this...) I know that my problem is just that I haven't practiced speaking in public much. My argument is solid. I can be persuasive. I'm just terrified. The attorney opposite me is rude and mean. The venue is unfamiliar to me. I've only argued one other hearing before and it was just me and the judge. It is very likely that I am going to vomit before I get there. The good thing is that I'll likely go first so it'll be over quickly. That bad thing is that I'll likely go first so I won't get to see what the judge prefers. If you happen to talk to me in the next 24 hours, there will likely be a quiver in my voice and a tremble in my hands. It's just my body getting ready for tomorrow. I need to get that quiver out. I'm pretty sure that piranhas can smell fear.

Gracious I'm scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment