Friday, January 31, 2014

98 days.

There are only 98 days until my due date. Baby Hoffmann will be here in about 98 days. 

98 days.

Can I just say that I'm a little bit terrified? There is so much to do before he gets here!! I still haven't changed the guest room to a nursery. We haven't bought a crib yet. I don't have a baby book (gasp!). I haven't finished Babywise. Not to mention all the things that I just don't know yet. How do I get the um, little boy surgery set up? Why are newborn photographers SO expensive in Baton Rouge? Do I really need to buy all the new mom clothing accessories that the internet tells me I need? What does a contraction even feel like? How do I know how many diapers I need to have on hand those first few weeks? So much that I don't know.

But I do know some things.

I know that I am so excited about seeing what this little boy looks like. I hope he has Matt's nose. But it's okay if he has mine. My nose is my daddy's nose and my nanny's nose. My bump has a legacy. I hope his eyes stay blue. But it's okay if they change. My daddy has brown eyes. Though, if I were to make a little genetic diagram (whatever that sucker is called) odds are that baby H will keep his baby blues. I hope all of his little fingers and little toes are perfect. I hope he has hair. Chances are, it is going to be light brown but I won't mind if it he doesn't have hair. As long as it grows in eventually. I want to know how long he will be. I wonder if his ears are going to be adorable.  I am ready to feel his weight in my arms for the first time and know that he is my personal miracle. I want to see if he responds to my voice right after delivery and if all this talking and reading  to him now has made a connection.

I know that he is going to be the most amazing thing that I have experienced.

I know that he has the whole world in front of him to make a better place.

I know that he is going to move mountains.

I know that all that stuff that I don't know won't matter when he's here. The guest room will become a nursery. The crib will be bought. I will find the perfect baby book. He'll sleep and eat. I'll figure it all out.

I know that 98 days is going to fly by. I just have to hang on and enjoy the ride.

1 comment:

  1. It's going to be amazing. =)
    1. Babywise summary: put the kid on a schedule. Done. Now you don't have to read the book.
    2. Hopefully one of your drs will set that up for you, lol.
    3. It's pain. Feels like bad cramps.

    ReplyDelete