Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Thank you motherboard

It is about time that I gave proper thanks where it was due - to my motherboard. Had you, dear motherboard, not failed on me, I would be sinking in self-pity, probably still crying my eyes out about losing all of my oh-so-important documents and pictures. As it is, I am not. You alone, dear motherboard, saved me from certain ruin. Had you not failed, I never would have used those last thirty minutes of life left in my less-than-perfect laptop to hastily copy everything I might need on to a spare flash drive. Luckily, not only was the flash drive quite large, but I had just enough time to get the stuff off that really mattered. I'd be lost without the pictures from Six Flags with Matt and Marla, and Matt's pictures from his last trip with the guys before the horrors of med school, and Jeff and Kat's wedding. The loss of all those pictures would have been devastating, they are irreplaceable. As for all my documents from school, I learned within about two hours, that I needn't have shed a single tear for them. In that small amount of time, my amazing friends had sent me everything that they'd worked so hard on the entire semester.

With that realization, maybe it isn't my motherboard that I should be thanking, but my friends. Granted, I am very very happy that I was able to find all that stuff hidden on my flash drive, but it is not lost on me all the incredible support I received during those horrendously long hours of despair. I truly truly appreciate it. I sincerely hope that I never have to return the favor, but will more than happy to be able to do so. Thank you all so much.

Now break's over, get back to studying. Or in my case, attempting to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment