Tuesday, April 6, 2010

For the first time ever, I feel... wicked!!

Okay, first of all, I am pretty sure that this weekend I uncovered my secret love of musicals. I admit, I haven't seen that many. Only one. Right, not many at all. Though, The Sound of Music is an old friend but I've only ever seen the film version. There's just something about Julie Andrews... she really can do it all. What was the point of this blog again? Oh, I remember.


WICKED!!!

I took Matt for his birthday and I may have loved it more than he did, but oh well, he got beignets out of it - twice. Here's the promo poster:



My favorite song (so far) is Defying Gravity. Here's a clip from the Tonys from the best known actresses for the production, but neither were in the one we saw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc582myFziY

Look at Glenda's clothes in the other videos. I loved her clothes. Think I could get away with the blue sparkly dress? I do. Look out world, it'll happen one day. I just have to get my courage up.... and find the perfect dress!!

The point of the story is to get the perspective of the Wicked Witch of the West. I have to admit, I've read the book that it is based on and wasn't a fan. In fact, I was pretty dubious about seeing it. But the play was so so so much better than the book. I wouldn't recommend the book, but for sure the musical. If you like it, check out the other Wicked videos. The music is pretty great. In fact, I may have downloaded the soundtrack and have been singing all day...

No comments:

Post a Comment