Monday, September 20, 2010

Signs that the LSU home opener is approaching. Seriously, there are actual signs.

Ever since moving to BR, I've had to adjust to the LSU mindset. I actually did a lot to help me in the transition from red and blue to purple and gold. I bought a t-shirt, some LSU flip flops, folded away my Tech shirts (mostly), and got an LSU themed debit card. I know, I'm pretty extreme. I've also learned that Les Miles is the LSU football coach and everyone has a different opinion of him depending on what part of the year it is, tailgating is an all day and sometimes, all night thing, and my assignments are likely to depend on the Tigers' performance. I have also learned that by the time school starts, football frenzy is in full swing and the season can't start soon enough. Though this is just my third football season, I've also learned that one can have no clue as to the football schedule, but can easily spot when it is time for the season home opener. See below.




These are student season tickets. That's right, for about two hours I was the owner of season tickets to LSU football. Not to worry Tech, I gave them away. But anyway, the SBA has the lottery and hands out these tickets to lucky students the week of the first home game.



This is a billboard. I'm sorry the picture isn't framed perfectly. I was driving. Give me a break. This billboard came up about two weeks ago. There are several others in the area. Including a handful that feature Les Miles. He seems to be a big deal. Almost to the level of Derek Dooley's former fame.

Here's the first parking sign upon entering campus. That's right. A real sign. For some reason, the people who matter don't want tailgaters to park directly on the road. I can't imagine why.




This is yet another, actual sign. Please note, ticket holders and tailgaters can only park on the non-fraternity side of the road. I'm not sure why. Probably to ensure that drunk fratters don't run into parked cars.


Yep, here's another sign. LSU is all about signs. And preserving sidewalks.




And here is the most definite sign of all - the scattering of portable lavatories around campus. Charming, I know. Alas, a necessary evil. In fact, these treasure stores are on the grounds for the entire football season once they are placed. For this sole reason, I can't wait for January.

No comments:

Post a Comment