Monday, January 10, 2011

New Orleans for New Year's

Get ready for a post chock-ful of pictures. Perhaps, because of the number of them, I should have used Facebook. I chose not to do so simply because I don't really want to share these pictures with too many people. After all, it could inspire stalking. No, no. Instead, you get to enjoy both pictures and as many catty captions as I can create.




We went an hour out of the way to eat at Mindendorf's. Worth it? Not for me. Not having a gall bladder leaves something to be desired at places that specialize in fried seafood. That something to be desired? My gall bladder. And self-control. I couldn't resist the shrimp po-boy. I should have.






I'm not one to be outdone by Matt. He's going to be a doctor, so am I. Granted, my way involves a lot more sleep and a lot less time. All things considered, I win. My picture made you smile, his, not so much. Well, it made me smile, but then, seeing Matt causes me to smile. Also, giant nutcrackers make me smile. I literally giggle aloud for the entire production every time I see The Nutcracker.





On our honeymoon, we won't have a problem taking pictures of ourselves. Matt has a knack for it.






What can I say, I'm attracted to hairy beasts. For more evidence, see the above and below pictures.





Look! W and D consented to and posed for a picture!!! This was at the Hornets v. Lakers game. Stupid Lakers.




This creature passed us on Canal. Matt bravely followed him to get a picture. Matt didn't die, so it was worth it.





This was pretty awesome. Just as much so in real life as in the picture.




We tried to be as touristy as possible. I even got a penny made with the Cade du Monde logo on it. Well, not really. But I thought about it.





We got to go to the LA Supreme Court on Thursday morning. Dr. Frank texted one of the justices Wednesday night after the Hornets' game (at about 10:30) and asked if we could stop by. It was pretty darn incredible.




Matt told me that he wants to be a judge so that he can have a gavel. If he had a gavel, he would sleep with it under his pillow. As a doctor, he's going to sleep with a stethescope under his pillow. Thank goodness he isn't going to be an undertaker.




I've never really had aspirations to join the judiciary. But I have to tell you, sitting in that chair made me reconsider. We shall see...




After the Court, Matt and I went to Nola, an Emerill Lagasse restaurant. When the waiter placed the butter on the table for the rolls, he said, "BAM!" I thought that was overdoing it a bit, but hey, he got a kick out of it.






Naturally, we went to the zoo. Matt and I have a fondness for zoos. We took this picture ourselves too. Swear.






Look at that!! Hoffmann is spelled right and everything. No, Matt isn't the sloth.



Here it is!!! The Hoffmann Sloth. To know more about this delightful creature, see above picture.



He's a monster. And a bully. Poor little cubby.


I think Matt was most excited about seeing the seals. I'm not sure why. Have you ever seen the movie Andre? That movie makes me cry every single time I watch it. Just like Fried Green Tomatoes. I just can't help it.


I tried to make my cheeks puffier than Matt's. I'm pretty certain that I won. Again.



We got this picture for days that I'm feeling less than attractive. Two men want me. That's bound to make me feel pretty.



The only picture we got together on New Year's Eve. Notice my pink cheeks. We had cheese and wine on the balcony overlooking Jackson Square. Good times. Pink cheeks.

I am sorry for the spacing. I tried. For thirty minutes. I gave up. Deal with it.

1 comment:

  1. I love blogs chock full of pics. I also love your seeming competition with Matt. It cracks me up. ;)

    ReplyDelete