Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Hey Mikey! I think (s)he likes it!

These days, it takes an awful lot to make me feel like I've done something successfully. Today, I completed a task of epic proportions.



I taught Giselle how to drink water.



That's right ladies and gentlemen, she didn't know. I should qualify that statement. G refused to drink water outside. Why? She doesn't like to be outside so by not drinking water she made herself all hot and bothered. Her absolutely pitiful state made me, of course, feel guilty about how hot she was, so I would let her inside the house where she would immediately run to her water bowl and drinking like a her throat was on fire. Which it undoubtedly was as it is about 128 degrees outside.



The problem with G being in the house is that I want her to be an outside dog. What? Yep, outside. Even though I started putting water outside for her everyday, she wouldn't drink it so the vicious cycle continued. Until today.



I filled her bowl with ice - which she loves - and water. I took it outside and invited G over to me. After some hesitation, she came within arm's reach. I dipped my hand in the bowl and then held it to her little mouth. She didn't get any closer, but she did lick my fingers. I did it again. With the same results. Then, I got a piece of ice and offered it to her. She took it and ran. I went inside to see what would happen. After she played with the ice, she sauntered over to the water bowl. And drank!!! And played, but who cares? She drank!!



Then I got my camera. So I could share my triumph with the world. Please ignore my giggling. And the mess of the house and yard. It will be clean in about 17 days.







1 comment:

  1. I can't get the video to play! Boo!!

    However, I love your stories about G. Lol!

    ReplyDelete