Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sweet Summertime

I live in Louisiana. It gets hot here in the summer. In fact, it's hot here most of the year. Say, from April to November. Sometimes even into December. I'm cold-natured so I generally don't mind the heat. Even now, when weather.com says that it's 102 degrees outside, I'm alright. No, I'm not outside so that may have something to do with it, but I do love summer. Let me tell you why.

 - Snow cones.

- Really, really cold water.

- The little rays of happiness that touch my skin and improve my mood.

- No worries about speeding through school zones.

- Fireworks

- Summer is wedding season and I love weddings.

- Salads

- Strawberries, blueberries, and watermelon!!

- Longer days.

- Crepe myrtles in Shreve

- Fewer days to wear pantyhose to work...

- Flip flops, without judgment.


I could go on, but I hear the oven timer going off on the cookies in the oven. A big ol' glass of milk is calling my name.

1 comment:

  1. Bring some cookies my way!!!

    I am despising the hot weather, lol. Mainly because I get dehydrated too easily. But most of what you mentioned, I love, too -- except really cold water. I like my water tepid. I'm a bit of a snob about it. I get half a glass out of the sink and half out of the fridge, where it's cold.

    ReplyDelete