Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Things I'm LOVING right now

I know, my last post was a bit of a downer. It's taken me a few weeks (and more than one ugly cry session) but I'm more or less over it. I am eating like I should with a little experimentation. My fingertips have toughened up. I've pretty much adjusted to this crazy new routine. Today, I'm tired and a little down so I decided to make a list of things that are making me happy right now.  Here goes:

1.  Seeing the baby move. Excuse me, seeing Thomas move. I don't just feel him wiggling around in my stomach anymore, I can actually see him. My stomach changes shape (which is a little weird) and ripples and waves. It's both CREEPY and AMAZING.

2.  Vanilla flavored light and fit greek yogurt with strawberries. I can have 6 ounces of yogurt with a cup of strawberries. This combonation is delightful. I'm out of both right now and regular ol' Oikos with fruit on the bottom just isn't doing it for me. My mouth sometimes waters when I think about it. I see a shopping trip in my future. Yes, the price of strawberries is high right now but I don't even care. Not even a little.

3.  Naps. Never before have I been able to nap so deeply and so well. Nowadays, if I need a nap, I go lay down, fall asleep instantly (yes, while listening to HP) and sleep for a good two hours. And then wake up feeling rested and refreshed. It probably helps that there is nothing to wake me up and that work is so understanding. I even napped in my jeans today without a problem. That never happens.

4. My evening walks with Matt. I'm not going to lie, this is now my favorite part of the day. After supper, we go out and walk the streets of our neighborhood for anywhere from 35 minutes to an hour. We talk, we catch up, we try to keep Giselle from attacking everything in sight. No distractions, just the two (or three) of us. When the weather doesn't cooperate or he is gone for the evening, the treadmill isn't even appealing even though I can watch TV while I'm walking. I think he and I will have to make evening walks a part of our routine even after the baby comes.

5. I love (LOVE, LOVE LOVE) that our baby has a name. It tooks us quite a few conversations and about thirty weeks, but we have a name. I'm working more on calling him that when I talk to him or refer to him. It's been a challenge, but I bet once he's here, it will be no challenge at all.

There, five great things about life right now. Now, I think I hear a nap calling my name....

1 comment:

  1. Okay, now I desperately want yogurt...lol!!!

    I love naps. LOVE them. I did not care for them before Alice, but now I could nap at any moment of any day.

    ReplyDelete