Thursday, October 30, 2014

It's beginning to look a lot like Halloween!

One of my favorite things about living in a neighborhood (as opposed to out in the country like how I grew up) is the decorating that occurs around major holidays. There are wreaths for football season (yes, that counts as a major holiday down here), American flags for the patriotic days, lights at Christmas, and pumpkins in the fall. Around the time the pumpkins and hay bales come out (small square hay bales, not the big round ones that are real hay bales), the gung-ho in our neighborhood decorate for Halloween. We do not. We are lazy. And poor. I didn't even buy a mum for our front porch.

Even though I haven't decorated anything in months, I do love seeing the fun houses when we go strolling around the neighborhood. There's nothing like the monster house from Shreveport  but these are cute too.




Bam! I'm done. A "post" not about Thomas! Whoops, I mentioned him anyway... I'm not sure that this actually qualifies as a post since there aren't a lot of words and absolutely none of my legendary wit, but still, I'm sharing. That has to count for something....

No comments:

Post a Comment