Tuesday, November 1, 2011

As Seen In Shreveport - Halloween edition

Yeah, yeah. I know it is past Halloween. Let's face it, I get distracted. It happens. This post took a lot of research, so it took me a little longer to get it ready. Enough with the half apologies, let's get on with the Halloween overload.


Lately, I have been taking it to the streets to get some exercise. Thanks to Pinterest and the latent creativity of the residents of South Highlands, Shreveport, my route was full of seasonal scenery. I took my camera with me a couple of times to take pictures of my favorites. Trust me, this isn't everything that I saw. I didn't get to take a picture of the inflatable-laden, over-the-top Halloween house because its residents were always at home. I'll go out again tonight and see if the decorations are still up. There may be a Part 2!



First, the wreath for Margaret:


That owl is adorable and looks like it would be fairly easy to recreate. MM, I've decided that you need a wreath on your door. What do you think? Christmas is coming!




Next up, Mr. and Mrs. Scarecrow.
I thought this couple was just adorable. They didn't always sit on opposite ends of the bench though. I guess in this picture they were in a fight. I hope they've made up by now.


Next, the cat.

When I first looked at this house, I thought the cat was just a statue or cutout. Then it turned its head. I might have shreiked.



And the spider house.


Spiders are creepy. No doubt about it. This house was probably the creepiest. I actually wanted to go take a closer look to see how they made the spiders but was a little afraid. Not of the people. But of the spiders.





And, finally. The monster house.

This one obviously took a lot of time and thinking. I noticed that I wasn't the only one who took a picture of it. It's visible from a popular park in the area and I'm sure was enjoyed by many. Thanks house residents, you really took the extra step and made me smile.


I hope you all enjoyed the Halloween edition of As Seen in Shreveport (an ardent love style). Be on the lookout for a Christmas follow-up. I just need to figure out how to make my camera take pictures in the dark...







1 comment:

  1. LOL, I love the monster house!

    I'm not really afraid of spiders...but the spider house was definitely creepy.

    The cat's house wreath is so cute. I think Misti made something like that for her house. Definitely a pinterest wreath. ;)

    ReplyDelete