Sunday, August 9, 2015

A party for T-baby!

You know how sometimes the days and weeks just zoom by and all of a sudden, it's August? No? Well, I do. This post is THREE months overdue. I would be embarrassed, but I have too much else to worry about so I'll ignore the embarrassment. 

We had Thomas's FIRST birthday party on May 9, 2015. May 9, 2014 was his actual due date so while that was not a factor in deciding the date, it was a cute little coincidence. I wanted to keep it low key, so we only invited our closest friends and family. Not proximally, but emotionally. 

I LOVE bunting so that was Thomas's theme. I know, kids are all about bunting too. We had smoked brisket sandwiches, mac and cheese, the most delicious fruit dip in the history of time, and CAKE! Social Bites made the cake and Aunt May (Marla's most recent Aunt name) brought it down. Matt and I made Thomas a cake for his first bites of sugar-filled delight. He was confused but was able to figure it out pretty quickly. (Side note: next year's Thomas cake will be a little different.) 

After lunch, Thomas opened his presents. It took some time because he wanted to play with what he opened and ignore the rest. There were no meltdowns or tears. From Thomas or his mommy... It was a great day! 


Ignore my arm here. Oh my. 

Thomas LOVES balloons! 

See my hand there? It was preventing him from diving head first into the candle. He so wanted to... 

CAKE!! And the only messy face picture you will ever see. 

1 comment:

  1. The hair! Lol, that's fabulous! So glad he loved it!

    ReplyDelete